Thursday, October 14, 2010

I also believe that Information is power

As I was sitting at home under a nice and shaddy tree wondering how i could make magic to change my life around. I stared at a nearby cracked window pane thinking "Here I am at Mpheni Village needing information on how I could get to the University, Who can help me? Where can I get money to finance my studies?"

when I was growing up I was hopeless, I didn't even dream of what i would like to be after completing grade 12 (matric). I just wanted to pass my matric and be like the few in the family. The financial dropping out of one of my relative after his first year from University deepen the fear. I didnt want to attempt the University, I never want to end up like him, that made me to not even want to ask him anything concerning Universities because it would have made the matter worse.

Yes, information is power. After passing my Grade 12 with an examption I saw my self as a young South African on the way up the ladder of success. But I did not have a clue of where to get help. Things eventually worked out, like they say "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". I visited one of the teachers in the neighborhood who happened to be a family friend. She gave me a booklet containing information about South African Universities and also explicitly explained how people like me could access University.

It made me believe in Metthew Lesko's words that "those who have information are the most powerful people on the planet". Today I am what I am because of that piece of information. Yes, that information liberated me from my misery.


I also full concur with one artist the of Venda Tshingondo music called Zozo who say that " u sa divha zwi fana na ufa" meaning "if u lack information, you are as good as dead". Because this also reminds me of someone I know who passed his grade 12 with distinctions but because he lacked information, he was compelled to sit around doing nothing. These are people who should be enjoying fruits of their hard work.


Yes, I believe it, information is power, dont be discouraged by your background as Darvyl Campbell says " winners are too busy to be sad, too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated".

No comments:

Custom Search